. centre de ressources dilemmes et doutes le visage humain de mathématiques Qui sommes-nous Problème de mois activités de promotion babillard
Centrale des maths - centraledesmaths.uregina.ca
Dilemmes & doutes
« D & D »
. .
topic card  



liste de
. .
nouvelle recherche

14 articles trouvés pour ce sujet.
Pizza delivery 2016-04-03
Andrew pose la question :
Suppose you own a local pizza restaurant, Pizza with Pizzazz, and in order to compete with the big pizza chains in your area you are considering an advertising campaign offering customers a free pizza if their pizza is not delivered in 30 minutes or less. Even though your pizza restaurant is known for its fast and friendly delivery service, you are not sure if you can afford to give away too many pizzas for free. Looking over your past 12,421 pizza deliveries you find out 97% of the pizzas were delivered in 30 minutes or less.

Calculate the probability that all 100 randomly selected pizza deliveries will have been made in 30 minutes or less? Hint: Use the multiplication rule. (Round 4 decimals)

I'm really stumped on how exactly to do this problem. I don't need the answer just the steps broken down to show me how to get it! It would be gladly appreciated if you could help!

Penny Nom lui répond.
A contest with 31 people 2013-09-06
Kevin pose la question :
There is a contest with 31 people and only one winner each week.
We play for 17 weeks.
What are the odds of winning at least one week?
The chances of winning each week are independent from previous weeks.

Robert Dawson lui répond.
Two non zero vectors 2009-10-27
Nazrul pose la question :
Given that a and b are two non zero vectors and ma+nb=0 where m and n are two scalars. How can I prove that m=n=0.
Robert Dawson lui répond.
Toss a coin and roll a die 2009-09-21
Celeste pose la question :
Can you please tell me how to set up this problem to find the answer. I know they are independent from there I don't know. a coin and a regular six-sided die are tossed together once. What is the probability that the coin shows a head or the die has a 5 on the upward face?
Penny Nom lui répond.
Probability of Two Independent Events 2009-06-07
Sharon pose la question :
A basketball player is given 2 freeshots, if the probability of making 1 of the 2 shots is 3/4 what is the probability of making 2 of the 2 shots or both shots?
Janice Cotcher lui répond.
Dependent & Independent Events 2009-03-06
maci pose la question :
what is the probablility of drawing at random 2 blue marbles in a row if there is 3 red,4 green,2 yellow,and 5 blue marbles?
Janice Cotcher lui répond.
Augmented matrix: independent, dependent, or inconsistent? 2009-02-23
Anna pose la question :
Perform row operations on the augmented matrix as far as necessary to determine whether the system is independent, dependent, or inconsistent.

x + y + z = 11
x - y + 3z = 5
2x + 2y + 2z = 15

Harley Weston lui répond.
A dependent variable 2008-01-30
lavada pose la question :
i need the definition to dependent variable
Stephen La Rocque lui répond.
Josh and John were both exposed to the flu 2005-12-16
Dudley pose la question :
Josh and John were both exposed to the flu. John has a 25% chance of getting it, while Josh has a 75% chance of getting it. What are the chances that at least one of them has the flu?
Penny Nom lui répond.
Can we take the derivative of independent variable 2005-10-18
Mussawar pose la question :
why we take derivative of dependent variable with respect to independent variable .can we take the derivative of independent with respect to dependent.if not why.
Walter Whiteley lui répond.
Probability 2002-08-16
Chris pose la question :

There are two possible outcomes for a random event, A and B.

The probability of A being the outcome is 63%, and B 37%.

What is the likelihood that B will be chosen twice, consecutively? Three times, ten?

Andrei Volodin lui répond.
A lemon and a recall 2001-04-25
Katie pose la question :
A Man has two cars, a recall and a lemon. The probability that the recall starts is 10%. The proabability that the lemon will start is 5%.

What is the proabability that both cars will start?

Andrei Volodin lui répond.
Independent tests 2000-10-07
A student pose la question :
If the false-positive rate of each test in a battery of tests is 0.05, how many independent tests can be included in the battery if we want the probability of obtaining at least one false-positive result to be at most 0.2?
Harley Weston lui répond.
An expected value 2000-04-24
Carl Pride pose la question :
Suppose that in a statistics class of size 23, each student has a probability of passing of 73 percent.


What is the expected number of students who will pass??

Harley Weston lui répond.



Centrale des maths reçoit une aide financière de l’Université de Regina et de The Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences.



accueil centre de ressources accueil Société mathématique du Canada l'Université de Regina PIMS